Friday, March 12, 2010

#22 (Week 9). eBooks, eAudio books and downloadable media

I had a good look at NetLibrary through the ACL website, started an account and found some interesting books that would be great to use if you were studying English. I looked at the Charles Dickens searches and there are some great resources such as study guides. These would be great to point out to anyone studying English. I also added some books to my favourites.



I have used NetLibrary before but it was a while ago and I often forget it's there. I like the fact that you can print pages so you don't have to go to all the trouble of locating the book and then photocopying it. I had a go at saving some books to my favourites and there is also a "note" function that lets you write notes about the books and then saves them, I wish this website had been around when I was studying English at University. I could definitely recommend this resource to students. I assume that not every book in the world is on this site but books would probably be added on a regular basis.



I really like the ACL downloadable media resource and think it's a great idea for people who are housebound for whatever reason and could also be great for elderly patrons who can't make it out to the library often, however most elderly patrons don't own a computer and have no computer skills. Overall these are all fantastic resources and easy to use.

1 comment:

  1. It's always good to revisit sites to see how they have changed and to refresh your memory...well done, I can see you had a great learning journey

    ReplyDelete